In Iraq for 365

About my experiences in Iraq... the frustrations, the missions and this country... and the journey home

Sunday, September 05, 2004

I'm like a dad when mortars land

Yesterday, several mortars landed inside our camp. I have a feeling the bad guys were a little upset this time. A couple days ago, we took out four mortarman as they were preparing to attack us. When something like this happens, my first instinct is to check on my people. I had one soldier who had the day off, which meant she had to report to me as soon as possible. She didn't show up, and I was worried. But as soon as I began to get a little nervous, an Iraqi friend came to me and said, "Your soldier. I forget the name, but they said they're ok." In fact, all my troopies and everyone on the camp was OK.

Over the past seven months, I've learned a lot about myself.

For instance, I've learned that I'm like a dad. At least that's what my soldiers call me. Once when a rocket was heading toward my general area, I jumped on top of my soldier walking with me. It didn't explode and no debris was scattered, unless you count the dust clouds caused by us falling to the ground. I make sure they exercise, get home on time and help them with their school work. The only thing I don't do is spank them, but I drop them for stuff like being a smart ass, messing up really badly or not showing up on time. And in those rare moments that somebody is in the front-leaning rest under my command, believe me, I suffer more than he or she pushing.
Boy, I digress. Mortars stink.

2 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Blogger aiya said...

Obama Is Lying<1>Office 2010When was the last time the MSM took a Republican's side in a fight over credibility with a Democratic opponent? Well, it has been a while. Microsoft Office 2010
However, conservatives have little to grumble about in the recent face-off between Barack Obama and John McCain over McCain's statement that Microsoft wordtroops might have to remain for "100 years" in Iraq "as long as Americans are not being injured or harmed or wounded or killed" after Office 2007Microsoft OfficeMicrosoft Office 2007 Office 2007 keyOffice 2007 downloadOutlook 2010Windows 7Microsoft outlookMicrosoft outlook 2010

 
At 1:59 AM, Blogger Peter said...

Thanks for great share :)

EWA review
Affiliate review
pc games download
download gta 4 for pc free
Blam ads review
cpatank review
wolf storm media review
Ndemand review
Download Shift 2 Unleashed Free

 

Post a Comment

<< Home