In Iraq for 365

About my experiences in Iraq... the frustrations, the missions and this country... and the journey home

Thursday, September 01, 2005

To the cabin I go

The posts will be much more infrequent, not that I've ever really reached a level of consistency.

At any rate, thank you all for your support. With a full beard and water awaiting, I will now travel to a beautiful cabin sitting on a crystal clear lake. I do hope to provide updates occasionally, but where I'm going, there's not even a telephone pole nearby. However, I will make it a priority to write at least one post a week until the book is completed. I'll find a library or a hotel with free wireless or something, because I have fantasy football coming up.

Thanks again for all your support. You have given me the courage to chase a dream I've had since I was six.

On another note, I found this article interesting. It states relatives and friends of soldiers in Iraq support the war. Imagine that.

7 Comments:

At 5:02 AM, Blogger Household6 said...

Best of luck Smink! I hope your muse is with you and inspires you to the greatness I am sure you are destined for!

HH6

 
At 6:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Casanova, imagine that... families of service men and women supporting the war... go figure. But, as they say in the article, it's all about having that connection and knowing what's really going on over there, not just what the news reports. If it wasn't for you, though, alot of us wouldn't have a clue as to what was really happening. You've made a huge difference for so many, but I've told you that before.

I know you're looking forward to your time at the cabin on the lake, finishing your book and becoming a famous - or, infamous - writer... but, I gotta tell ya... I miss you already...... :)

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger remoteman said...

Stick a line in the water on occasion. Fresh bass, perch or walleye taste great and all writing and no playing make for a dull book.

Thanks for all you've done keeping us informed. Best of luck on your effort.

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said...

Thank YOU Smink! For all your heart felt posts,for welcoming us into your life as it was and is. You are one hell of a writer, but mostly one hell of a MAN! Let us know when we can buy the book, take care, relax,, enjoy your life and beautiful water. I personaly have enjoyed you being a part of MY life, this last year. I have felt you are like family, Thank you for putting up with my Brut teasing! Can't wait to hear from you soon!
the other mom.

 
At 6:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My brother is in the Infantry and currently serving in Iraq.....none of us support the war, and none of us hav a positive outlook. Polls have also indicated that this war has done nothing but help recruit insurgents. It's my belief that Iraq will never be stable enough to pull-out....do we want to sacrifice another 2,000 lives and then decide that we want to pullout because things arent working? I think not. You may not agree with the views of this blog, but its an excellent one nonetheless...... www.ftssoldier.blogspot.com Most soldiers dont support this war either, thats why they have such a hard time fighting it, and we have such a hard time recruiting new soldiers.

 
At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will miss you! Have fun and I can't wait to read your book.

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!



Cooking Equipment Australia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home