In Iraq for 365

About my experiences in Iraq... the frustrations, the missions and this country... and the journey home

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

War mother

Today, I was reminded of a family gathering before I left for Iraq. All my aunts and uncles were scrunched in my parent’s medium sized living room. The cousins spilled into the kitchen. Nobody talked about Iraq or politics; we just laughed and reminisced about how much of a pooper my brother and I were growing up. Then, it came time for everybody to leave. And to my surprise, mother asked our guests to join her in prayer. All 20 something of my family members formed a circle around me. They laid hands upon me and mother prayed. It would be the first time I could sense or feel her anxiety. As she spoke, tears fell from her bright blue eyes and her voice trembled as if she were at a funeral. But mom was strong and she finished the prayer. It was a dramatic moment I hope I never experience again. To feel my mother’s sadness was more difficult than the task ahead (Iraq).

Nobody feels a war more than the mother of a soldier. Kbug gives us a chance to understand.

2 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said...

OH Smink Why did ya go there. Thanks for the hook up, I'll go catch up. Hope your having a nice holiday so far.

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger DEANBERRY said...

BECAUSE OF THE AMERINAZIS, JESUS CHRIST HAS REMOVED HIS BLESSING FROM AMERICA. THIS HAPPENS WHEN A COUNTRY BECOMES COMPLETELY CORRUPT AND BEGINS VIOLATING THE LORD'S LAWS. AMERICA'S LAST HALF DOZEN WARS HAVE BEEN WAGED PRIMARILY TO BOOST A PRESIDENT'S POPULARITY RATINGS. THOSE ARE UNJUST WARS, AND EVERYBODY KILLED IN THEM IS A MURDER VICTIM. PLUS, LOOK AT WHAT A DEN OF THIEVES THE AMERICAN MARKETPLACE HAS BECOME. AMERICA IS SOON TO BE TOPPLED, MUCH THE SAME AS HITLER'S WAS WHEN HE WENT TOO FAR. MARK MY WORDS. http://www.mixposure.com/song.php?songid=14027.

AND BE A MAN. POST THIS COMMENT.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home