In Iraq for 365

About my experiences in Iraq... the frustrations, the missions and this country... and the journey home

Monday, September 13, 2004

Coffee beans make the world better, no matter where you are

No matter where I am, I start the day off with a nice cup of Joe. You'd be surprised how good the coffee is in Iraq. It's not a national custom, but like all good soldiers do, we improvise. Our unit has two bean grinders, a state-of-the-art coffee pot and more coffee than Martha Stuart has citations. Our families and friends send us every kind of coffee imaginable: vanilla roast, Starbucks Christmas blend, basic Foldiers, etc. We are coffee drinkers and since we can't drink beer, we drink a lot of coffee. In fact, I think I'll pour a cup right now.

1 Comments:

At 2:57 AM, Blogger MFSO-Chicago said...

I will be making sure that I put some of that Starbucks in our community's local bin to send your way! I personally love the very strong, aromatic blends myself. And yes, a cup of hot coffee does help put the world in perspective.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home