In Iraq for 365

About my experiences in Iraq... the frustrations, the missions and this country... and the journey home

Monday, May 01, 2006

Iraqis protest security

About 200 Shiites, many of them women in full-length black abayas, rallied Monday outside the Green Zone to demand that U.S. and Iraqi forces do more to stop attacks on Iraqis. Red more

That story just pisses me off. I get so tired of hearing Iraqis complain about the lack of security when half of them look the other way when watching insurgents plant roadside bombs. The security in Iraq will only get better if its citizens decide they want to stand up against the threat. The problem is, they are so used to not having freedom that they don' t know what to do with it.

2 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Blogger kbug said...

It should never be dificult to do the right thing, Casanova, even if it means taking a risk. But until Iraq's new-found freedom really means something to the Iraqi people, they will continue to hide their heads and blame someone else for their security problems...it's a heckuvalot easier than doing something about it themselves.

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Sassy said...

I came across your blog and would love to talk to you. My brother was in the coast guard and is recently done, my father was stationed in MA in an Army Medic unit during the Vietnam war. I have many girlfriends in the coast guard and navy and army and just wanted to say that I appreciate your sacrifice and the job you are doing everyday.

Thanks
Laura
Laura2425@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home