In Iraq for 365

About my experiences in Iraq... the frustrations, the missions and this country... and the journey home

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Serving for those who died

We lost another Soldier yesterday. Today, I was in the chow hall and ran into a few of my friends who were in this Soldier’s unit. Of course, they were sad and couple of them may have even been second guessing themselves, but they are all praying … even if they don’t believe in the Man. Five more are still very seriously hurt from the same skirmish that killed their comrade. The really sad thing is, they are only one month or so away from going home, and I think that’s the hardest thing for everyone to accept.

Like every life lost in Iraq, this Soldier’s death is absolutely tragic. I believe a piece of me is lost each time we lose somebody. It hurts as bad as being dumped (I’ve never been dumped, so I’m assuming. I normally do the dumping. I work out a lot too. And drink milk.) Back to my point, even though we lost a brother-at-arms, the mission must continue. We all know the risks of joining the army, but a lot of dishonorable people get out of deployments. Why wear the uniform if you're not willing to serve?

For those of us who are Soldiers, Marines, Airmen or Sailors who decided to fulfill the obligation of serving our country, we must continue to fight, to complete the mission of rebuilding this country and neutralizing the terrorists so those who died did not die in vain.

1 Comments:

At 1:59 AM, Blogger ebizpromo said...

Your blog is really remarkable.Beause of soldiers,airmen or sailors only we are leaving with this much of peace.have a look to my site www.tradeweblinks.com.

Thanx,
Trade web links

 

Post a Comment

<< Home