In Iraq for 365

About my experiences in Iraq... the frustrations, the missions and this country... and the journey home

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Crazy, man, crazy

Yesterday, we received approximately 27 rounds of indirect fire. Two people killed, seven severely wounded. One of the guys killed sat next to me on the C-130 on the way back from leave. Seemed like a really nice guy and a good soldier. My prayers are with him and his family as well as the other soldier’s.

Today, I had guard duty and let me tell you it was crazy. We were firing artillery, the enemy fired mortars and anti-Iraqi forces and Iraqi National Guard duked it out. Because I had guard duty, I didn’t get the chance to document what was going on. But I still saw quite of bit of smoke, just wasn’t there. I’ll be honest I was jealous of the other mil journalist on the scene. Of course, what’s going on in Fallujah is the center of attention, but there’s fighting going on all over the place. And we will beat these sons of bitches.
I’ll give a better, more detailed update tomorrow. For now, I have to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home