In Iraq for 365

About my experiences in Iraq... the frustrations, the missions and this country... and the journey home

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Star Wars

I didn't think the latest episode of Star Wars was that good. However, I couldn't help but put the fictional characters into perspective. Jedi's are like Navy Seals. Yoda is a general. Princess Amidala is Chelsea Clinton, but much better looking. Count Duku is an arthritic Mike Tyson. And Sen. Palpatine is Don King without streaky hair. The regular army dudes are just like the infantry. Instead of tanks, they have huge lizards. Instead of fighting terrorism, they fight the Dark Side. Despite all these similarities, there is not one single combat photographer in the movie. Where is the justice in the movie making world? Perhaps I should call George Lucas and suggest a new species for the Force. The Star Wars photographer would definitely have four arms: two for lasers and two for Nikons. We would also have a tail with a spike and live off of pizza and beer. Our language would be ESPN, a hip form of English. Oh, and we would also be Jedi's and our cameras would shoot special lasers that would balance the Force. Give me a call, Mr. Lucas, I think this new character might give you another episode... Star Wars 7: the laser-shooting-camera Jedi's. Now that sounds like a movie.

2 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said...

Hey Smink, good to hear from ya. So you have now given me the OK, that I don't go see this movie. Hope all is smooth for ya, don't forget to smile!!

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Porkchop said...

As much as I loathe Starwars (AND Lord of the Rings, I know, I am a terrible person) I think I would actually want to see that...

I think it is the lizard tales holding the pizza and beer that have me thoroughly intreuged.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home