In Iraq for 365

About my experiences in Iraq... the frustrations, the missions and this country... and the journey home

Friday, May 12, 2006

We were soldiers author quits writing

After 41 years on the military beat, covering stories from Fort Riley, Kan. to Vietnam and Iraq, Joe Galloway says he is taking a permanent leave. Come June 1, the 64-year-old scribe will give up his desk at Knight Ridder’s D.C. bureau and settle permanently in the bayfront cottage he owns just north of Corpus Christi, Tex.

“I consider myself the luckiest guy in the world to have survived against the odds, to have had the experiences, the stories, the people that this profession has given me,” Galloway said this week during an interview in the Knight Ridder bureau. “And I got paid to do it, admittedly not much.”

Read more

1 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

God, the stories this man can tell. I hope he writes a book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home